We offer unique experiences to outstanding McMaster students who share our passion for helping community members achieve their health and wellness goals. Some of the unique experiences we offer our students include:
- Ability to work closely with community members under the supervision of health care professionals.
- Opportunities to be involved at PACE through experiential education placements, paid positions through McMaster’s Work/Study program, and in unpaid volunteer positions. Work/Study positions are offered to students with previous volunteer experience with PACE.
- Opportunity to learn from our community members and forge special friendships. In working with community members, students apply their knowledge, hone their skills, and gain invaluable experience, including clinical experience hours required for professional designations.
- Involvement with PACE’s annual fundraising events and support faculty-led research projects involving community members
The Volunteer experience
To volunteer or complete an experiential education placement at PACE, all students are first required to:
- Complete the following McMaster’s Regulatory Health & Safety Training online modules on Mosaic
- Health and Safety Orientation
- Fire Safety
- WHMIS 2015
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Asbestos Awareness
- Violence and Harassment Prevention in the Workplace
- AODA and Human Rights Code
- Primer on Privacy
- Have up-to-date standard first aid / CPR / AED certification
- Complete PACE’s site-specific safety orientation
- Sign the PACE volunteer waiver and confidentiality agreement
- Complete PACE specific virtual modules and in-person mandatory training session
Information Box Group
Volunteer in the PACE Neuro Gym Apply Now
Apply to volunteer in the MacWheelers and MacMS-FITT programs.
Volunteer in the PACE Main Gym Apply Now
Apply to volunteer in the MacCardiac Rehab, MacSeniors, or MacWarriors programs.
Experiential Education Placements Apply Now
Apply for a position as a professional placement student at PACE.
First Aid and CPR Training Register Today
All our student volunteers must complete certification training in First Aid, CPR, and AED. Courses are offered through McMaster Athletics and Recreation, the Canadian Red Cross, and other organizations.