May 2014 – Dr. Monica Maly: “Taking a Load Off: Exercise for People with Arthritis”.
The following resources are provided by Dr. Monica Maly (Assistant Professor, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, McMaster University) who presented a lecture on exercise and arthritis at the PACE Lecture for the MacSeniors and McMaster Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs on May 6, 2014.
The Arthritis Society - several excellent educational materials (print and video) that may be of interest
Suggested books with evidence-based information on arthritic conditions, and exercising with arthritis:
Articles written by researchers for an audience interested in arthritis (a few articles on footwear - this work has more research detail):
Glossary of terms (acronyms on page 2, glossary on page 7):
- February 2014 – Dr. Martin Gibala: “HIT to Get Fit”
- Home Strength-Training Guide: Paraplegia
- Home Strength-Training Guide: Tetraplegia
- January 2014 – Dr. Chelsea Pelletier: “Making the most of your workout: Practical use of the physical activity guidelines for adults with SCI”
- May 2014 – Dr. Monica Maly: “Taking a Load Off: Exercise for People with Arthritis”.
- May 2014 – Krista Madsen: “Shoulder & Upper Body Challenges when Wheeling”
- McMaster Optimal Aging Portal
- Online Course for Adults Living with MS
- September 2013 – Dr. Amy Latimer-Cheung: “Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for Adults with MS and the MS Get Fit ToolKit”
- September 2014 – Dr. Stuart Phillips: "Exercise for Older Adults"